1. of or pertaining to nacre; mother-of-pearl; a hard, iridescent substance that forms the inner layer of certain mollusc shells.
2. resembling nacre; lustrous; pearly.
1. the act or process of disintegrating - to separate into parts or lose intactness or solidness; break up; deteriorate.
2. Physics: decay.
1. the act of piercing or perforating, as with a pointed instrument or object.
2. a hole or mark so made.
3. Zoology: a small pointlike depression.
4. to pierce or perforate, as with a pointed instrument.
5. to make (a hole, perforation, etc.) by piercing or perforating.
6. to reduce or diminish as if by piercing; damage; wound.
7. to cause to collapse or disintegrate; spoil; ruin.
Etymology: Middle English < Latin pūnctūra - a pricking, equivalent to pūnct (past participle of pungere - to pierce).